Monday, April 18, 2016

Tag you're it challenge #45

Today's card is for Tag your it challenge #45! My inspiration from this sample tag are: wings and the colors!


I pulled out a Memory Box butterfly die cut I  have had for a long time! Perfect for what I had in mind!


To create this card I first cut a panel from watercolor paper using a silly stitched die cut from Lil Inker Designs. I then took some distress inks and splattered the panel until I got the color combo I wanted. I then cut the solid butterfly out of the same paper and added color with the same inks. Then I added ink to another piece and then cut the open butterfly from it.


 I cut the butterfly body from black paper and added glossy accents to the body. The tag is cut out of watercolor paper, using Simon Says Stamp dress up a tag die set. Of course pretty sequins for sparkle.

Here are the Distress colors I used:



And that's it! Remember to dream everyday! Great words to live by! Thanks for stopping!
See you next time!  - Barb

8 comments:

  1. Barb, your card is gorgeous! The background texture is amazing and the balance between white and color is perfect. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barb.
    I agree with Kara... lots of lovely textures :)
    Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!! And now I'm like, "Wait I have butterfly dies, I should find those..." Love how you did the background. Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background for this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, Im late getting round to look at the tags, just want to say I love yours. Its all come together so perfectly and love the lace die cut butterfly over the watercoloured butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, Barb! Your inking is gorgeous, and the butterfly is wonderful! So glad you joined in the fun at TYI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a card artist you are, Barb! This tag card rendition of the TYI inspiration is magnificent! I love every single layer!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb this is absoultly gorgeous! Loving the colors,layers and the amazing background , Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!